LIFE PLANNING for SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN (LPSNC)
LPSNC's sole purpose is to help the average family with a Special Needs Child in the development of a comprehensive financial and estate plan (or LIFE PLAN) at an affordable price to all families. The LIFE PLAN provides a roadmap with secure and adequate funding to assure a quality of life for the Special Needs Child after the parents are deceased.
LIFE PLANNING SERVICES
LIFE PLANNING for special needs children is a team effort. No one professional has all of the answers or required skills. The LPSNC team is made up of the parents or guardian, special needs child, LPSNC attorney, LPSNC Team Coordinator/Financial Planner, and private and government agency personnel as needed. The Team Coordinator counsels the family, helps develop the Life Plan and then brings the various professionals together to help implement the Life Plan with the appropriate social, legal and financial services.
1. Provides free educational seminars/workshops to help the families understand the total
Life and estate planning process, and specialized seminars on such issues as how to fund a
Special Needs Trust, plus a free one-half consultation to all those who have attended a
2. Counsels family in developing a Life Plan through the Letter Of Intent which serves as
written instructions to all future care providers, guardians, trustees, etc., to answer such
questions as: "What do you want for your child’s future in such areas as supervision and
selecting appropriate residential, social, medical, and employment options, etc.?”
3. Helps identify private and local sources for advocates, guardians, and powers of attorney.
4. Carries out a comprehensive financial analysis to assure that future funds will be available
for the Special Needs Child.
5. Oversees the preparation by the contract attorney of Last Wills and Testaments and the
Special Needs Trust to manage current and future resources.
6. Assists in identifying private or corporate trustees, guardians, Powers of Attorney, and
other advocates as needed.
7. Conducts final team meeting review and implement Life Plan.
8. Provides regular monitoring of the Life Plan to keep it up to date.
9. Serves as a resource to families and heirs in the future, as well as state and local agencies
on this specialized topic.
10. Provides individualized special consultant services such as trust fund management and
Letter of Intent development.
COSTS OF SERVICES
LPSNC Team members have agreed to accept a fixed fee for all comprehensive planning services, including legal documents; and a discounted hourly charge for individualized special services. LPSNC is able to offer its services at such low fixed or hourly rates because of its Not-For-Profit status as well as the large number of families it meets through the seminar setting, which are generally sponsored by a third party support group or service provider (examples: ARC, AMI, LFMR Foundation, Region V Services, ESU's, etc.). LPSNC is also willing to offer special terms to help families with limited income pay for the planning services.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF A “LIFE PLAN” FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD THEN WE SUGGEST COMMUNICATING WITH THE LIFE PLAN SPECIALIST THROUGH THE CONTACT INFORMATION BELOW:
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Email: email@example.com